|NATURAL TECHNOLOGY - LIME
Required: Kiln or Pit Firing
- Take limestone or seashells and pound into small pieces or a powder.
- Place in a container and fire in a kiln (see kiln) or pit fire (see pit fire).
- The result is Lime. To make Slaked Lime continue to step 6.
- Pour water onto air temperature Lime. The water should become extremely hot!!
- Carefully pour the watery solution to another pot, leaving the sediment behind.
- Boil off water you poured off to yield solid slaked lime.
<---Back To Natural Technology